The Lismore Opera Festival (LOF) is Ireland’s only summer opera festival set in the stunning surroundings of Lismore Castle and Gardens and in the beautiful and historic great homes along the Blackwater River.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
“To bring beautiful music to a stunning location and create the audience of the future for the most beautiful of all art forms – Opera!”
OUR VISION FOR LOF IN THE FUTURE
- Build the festival to become a week long annual event
- Broaden events out to include unique venues along the Blackwater River
- To tour LOF productions around Ireland and abroad
- To encourage innovation and collaboration accross artforms through our ‘New Works’ programme
- To provide professional experience for students through our ‘Mentor Programme’
- Create employment direct, indirect & seasonal
- Provide access and education to local community and schools
OUR EXPANDED PROGRAMME FOR EVENTS FOR THE JUNE BANK HOLIDAY INCLUDES:
- Two to three nights of opera at Lismore Castle stables.
- Recitals and concerts in eight of the finest houses in the Blackwater Valley.
- A fantastic culinary experience with a delicious summer menu and specially selected wines to enjoy under canvas in the romantic castle gardens.
- 500 school children will attend our dress rehearsal performance as part of our ‘Schools Education and Audience Development Programme’
BECOME A FRIEND OF THE LISMORE OPERA FESTIVAL
The LOF is a not for profit organisation which is applying for charity status and is dependent on box office income, funding, sponsorship and subscription as its only means of financial support. In order for us to continue and to build this festival so that it can bring the best of Irish and International music talent to West Waterford and Munster, we need your support and have designed a ‘LOF Friends Scheme’ which we hope you will be interested in joining.
Due to the success and popularity of the festival events we anticipate a huge demand for tickets(only 450 per performance). The friends scheme has been developed to encourage active participation and support, which will guarantee access to tickets, friends’ events and more. We would ask you to consider participation. We provide priority booking until the end of February for all fully paid up friends.
You may consider this an ideal gift to give to someone or may wish to join in your own right. Please feel free to copy the link and send it to others you think may be interested in lending their support and becoming a part of something very special in Lismore. For more information on the LOF Friends Scheme click here.
The Lismore Opera Festival is on a journey. We’d love you to come with us.